Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Pump Update

     Hooray! We finally have straightened out all of the insurance issues and are set to start pumping.  We will be meeting with our pump trainer at our endo's office Monday.  We will be doing a saline trial for a few days and then switching over to insulin on Thursday or Friday.  
     I am so looking forward to starting on the pump.  The biggest reason is that Julia has always been a grazer.  That has been one of the hardest adjustments for us and her.   Another huge reason, birthday parties.  There is nothing worse than having to look your sweet baby in the eye and tell her "Of course you can have cake but then you have to have another shot."   Her answer is usually always, "Okay Mommy" or "I know Mommy" but it bums me out every time.  
     There is fear too, I am nervous because it is new.  I know it will be an adjustment and probably frustrating. After talking to Cynthia, reading positive pumping posts from the rest of the DOC, and feeling the support and love from all our friends and family, I know we are ready. I posted on facebook yesterday after speaking to the insurance because I was so happy. Seeing all the "likes" and supportive comments humbled me and brought me to tears.  Thank you for making me stronger.  
     I will update after we are rolling to let you all know how it goes but until then, please keep us in your thoughts.  

3 comments:

  1. Yay, pumping! Good luck with it all. There are a lot of features you can take advantage of and learn after you get all the basics down. In my opinion, it is so much better than shots and allows for the flexibility I need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you guys. Pumping is awesome. Just make sure that you go into know that the beginning there will be an adjustment period. My favorite quote someone told us before Eric started on his pump was "the first few weeks you'll want to run it over with your car but after that they won't be able to pry it from your cold dead hand" it always made me smile whenever I got a little frustrated but Eric loved his new "freedom" and I know Julia will too. Plus the pump looks really cool too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved it for the flexibility. It does take awhile to get the settings situated and I feel there is more BG checks with the pump. If you have any questions or need any help...please feel free to email me.

    sweetandjoe@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete