Sunday, May 15, 2011

What I've Learned

Well I've learned a few things this week and it is not exactly from other blogs.  I have learned most importantly to expect the unexpected.  


First, Blogger went down and I wasn't able to see other's posts, let alone post my posts.  After I had not posted, I learned that I am not very good at following prompts and posting on the right day.  (Although we pretty much established that with the WEGO challenge last month).  


I am a HUGE lurker.  There I admit it.  I love reading blogs and reading everyone's stories or looking at all of the pictures.  I am not always good about keeping up with my own blog or commenting on all the things I read.  I will try to be better.


The final lesson I got was on Friday, expect the unexpected.  I glanced down at my cell phone and saw three lines of info.  School District missed call, school district voice mail, and missed call from Julia's assistant.  I called Julia's assitant back first.  She was low (48) & having a juice box & Jenny said she would call me back in 15 with an update.  She also said she wasn't the other call.  I checked the voice mail and it was the school health clerk letting me know that my son fell at school, hurt his arm, and probably needed x-rays.  Oh and did I mention that all of this happened while I was in the middle of a Zumba class?  In case you are wondering, Zumba is a high energy exercise class.  So I left the gym a crazy sweaty mess and headed straight to the school to get my son while waiting for the call back on Julia's blood sugar number.  Which of course came as soon as I walked in the door of the school.  There sat my son with tears running down his cheeks while I was trying to field the call from Jenny.  Julia was fine.  So I signed Joseph out and away we went to Urgent Care.  Several hours and a set of x-rays later, still a crazy sweaty mess, we learned that my son has an occult fracture.  Which basically means they think he has a hairline fracture but because the area is so swollen they can't see it for sure and can't do anything to treat it yet.  We will see an Orthopedist on Monday.


Thank you all for a great week of reading :) Maybe next year I can complete all 7 days!






5 comments:

  1. Expect the unexpected for sure!!
    Hope Joseph's arm is an 'easy' fix...once they can tell what's going on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, dang, you've had a crazy couple of days as well! Us D-mamas need a break. :) ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor kiddo! Poor sweaty mama! Good luck with the orthopedist tomorrow! Hope he's not in discomfort and it heals fast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You must be a mom!
    I hope everyone's doing ok now (including you). Keep blogging and lurking and there you will find some sanity :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. hows everything going with the arm mending? Im a busy lurker too. lol. I really despise the dang passwords i have to type in to post comments!! ahahahh.

    ReplyDelete