Friday, April 1, 2011

Health Activist Writer's Month

I have joined the challenge to blog every day as a health activist.  You can read more about it here .  Today's challenge is to write an acrostic about my condition.  Just in case you were curious, an acrostic is a poem or other form of writing were the first letter of every line spells out a word or a message.  


Feeling helpless
It weighs on my heart
Needing a solution
Dealing without


Always trying to be hopeful


Creating a better future
Unrelenting in this wish
Real solutions, real answers
Eradicate Diabetes


I don't have a condition but my 5 year old daughter does.  Type 1 Diabetes is hard and it hurts not just physically but it hurts my heart.  We are doing everything we can for her and will continue to do so but I will not give up hope.  Having a pump will make her life easier.  Checking her blood sugar tells us how to keep her healthy.  But it is not a cure.  The one wish I have, my last thought every night before I fall asleep, is please, 
Find A Cure 

1 comment:

  1. Love the "FIND A CURE"...haven't seen one of those yet.

    ReplyDelete