Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day



Dear Mommy, I love you.  Thank you for staying at the hospital.  You are nice.  Love, Julia


Today is my first "D" Mother's Day.  In fact it was six months ago today that we found out Julia had Type 1.  I am trying not to focus on this too much but it is hard.  This morning I woke up to cards and presents and hugs and kisses.  Julia gave me 2 big purses and then showed me all the compartments that can be used to hold all the diabetes stuff.  


I have been grabbing tons of hugs and kisses.  That is my favorite part of Mother's Day, the extra hugs and kisses. We have a standing rule in our house that on Mother's Day I get to hug and kiss them as much as I want with no complaints. 

I want to wish a very special Happy Mother's Day to all of the moms in the DOC.  You have given me so much in the short time that I have "known " you.  I hope you all have a wonderful day filled with love and extra hugs and kisses.  

2 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day to you! It is my first one as a D-Mom as well and it is definitely tough and different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated Mother's Day! I love your rule! I need to establish that rule in my house. I think it should be in force on my birthday, too. :)

    ReplyDelete