Friday, August 19, 2011

Packing & Stressing

We are leaving on Tuesday at an ungodly hour (3:45 a.m.) for a seven day Alaska cruise.  I am very excited and looking forward to the trip but I am nervous of the diabetes unknowns that may come our way.  I am trying my best to plan and pack.  I even got a loaner pump to take with us in case of a pump failure while we are away.  (Thank you Medtronic) :)
We have our letter from the doctor, diabetes supplies & backup supplies but I still feel like I am forgetting things.  I am worried about the airport and hoping security goes smoothly.  This will be our first plane trip as a family and with diabetes.  We have been doing a lot of traveling this summer and everything has gone well so far and I am hoping that this trip does too.
It is funny because before diabetes, I always planned and packed carefully for vacations.  Now I do that times 10!  Although now my packing priorities have changed.  Now diabetes needs are at the top of my list and for everything else,  I figure we will make it work.  


5 comments:

  1. I always think of our first big trip with D was like our first trip with Eric as an infant. Needing so many different things and totally stressed that we were forgetting something. Now we have a travel D kit that I grab as I am packing. Everything will be awesome and you guys will have a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're ready, Mama! HAVE A SUPER FUN TIME...and I can't wait to hear all about it when you get back :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep us updated! I am always ner ous to go to an island or out of the country due to the diabetic emergencies :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Diane, I understand. It's stressful planning for any trip, but add diabetes into the mix and it's a completely different story.

    But....God is right by your side and He's going to get you through this. I'm putting you on my prayer list right now and will faithfully be praying for you on your trip.

    I hope you have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you guys had a great trip :)

    ReplyDelete